by Jill Avery
Do you ever ask yourself why there are certain blockages in your life, no matter how hard you try? Do you know why this is? The answer might shock you.
According to Dr. Bruce Lipton, a cell biologist, 95 percent of one’s life is run by the subconscious mind, so this means that only five percent is run by the conscious mind! If there are negative programs and beliefs subconsciously running in the background, this causes negative emotions which may have been inherited, programmed in utero, during conception, from past lives, childhood, etc.
The good news is, there is a way to reprogram the subconscious and remove negative programs and beliefs by using hypnosis. Hypnosis has the ability to heal the inner child, allow forgiveness to occur, create gratitude that was once shadowed by fear, develop a deep love of self and others and deeply connect with a higher power. The beautiful thing is that hypnosis gets to the root of issues rather than dealing with just the symptoms.
Typically, clients go to a hypnosis practitioner to achieve their maximum creative potential, heal relationships, find love within themselves and others, discover and heal physical and emotional issues, attract abundance, learn how who they were in past lives is affecting their life today, realize their life’s purpose, understand the source of their phobias and self-induced limitations, weight loss, stress relief and more. There are no limits to what one can achieve during a hypnosis session. It all has to do with the client’s belief and willingness to make positive changes to benefit their life.
Below are the top five things you should know prior to having a hypnosis session:
1. Make sure the practitioner has experience. Ask the practitioner for their history and how they have helped their clients. Also, make sure that the practitioner knows how to ask detailed questions, because when the client is in a hypnotic state, the practitioner needs to be able to ask the subconscious important questions in order to get to the root of the problem.
2. Will the hypnosis session access past lives and the subconscious? There are many different types of hypnosis, all of which can differ greatly. The somnambulistic state is referred to as “sleep walking” and is achieved through visualization, a state which under ordinary circumstances is experienced only twice daily—the moment just before you become consciously awake and the moment just before you fall asleep. By going into this state of consciousness, the client can access the subconscious and past lives allowing for deeper healing.
3. Can miracles happen when under hypnosis and is it safe? Hypnosis is safe, effective, works quickly compared to most types of therapies and can also be life-changing. There are no guarantees as the client has free will. If the client is ready and willing to do what is necessary, transformative changes can occur.
4. Make sure you are comfortable with your practitioner. Developing a good rapport with the practitioner is extremely important as this is a co-creative process. Trust needs to be established between both parties in order for the client to feel safe going into a hypnotic trance. If this does not occur, it could lead to the client’s inability to reach the hypnotic state. This is why it is necessary to sit down and talk about who you are, what your needs are, what happened during your childhood, as well as your life today, so you can establish this connection. Speaking about your childhood is very helpful so the practitioner can have a better understanding of who you are and why you might have the blockages that you have. From birth to seven years of age, the most influential perceptual programming of the subconscious occurs. According to Dr. Lipton, children are in a hypnotic state, which is why programs that are established during this time frame affect the rest of a child’s life.
5. Can a practitioner make one do something that is against his/her will while under hypnosis? The conscious mind is not fully present under hypnosis but the subconscious is very much aware of what is going on. The subconscious only has the highest and best interest in mind and will not go against client’s morals or ethics.
Jill Avery, of Quantum Healing Discoveries, is a certified quantum healing hypnosis practitioner and a kundalini yoga instructor who uses both therapies to assist her clients in reprogramming their subconscious mind to heal physical, emotional and spiritual concerns. For more information, call 561-305-3236, or your may email
[email protected] or visit QuantumHealingDiscoveries.com.