by Francine Kanter, CCH, RsHOM(NA), Board Certified Homeopath Practitioner
Symptoms of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Children experience inattention and/or hyperactivity and impulsivity.
Adults may experience restlessness instead of hyperactivity and also may have problems with interpersonal relationships and employment.
Other symptoms of ADD and ADHD in both children and adults may include:
• Difficulty with details and a tendency to make careless mistakes in school, at work or other activities, producing what is often messy
• Easily distracted by irrelevant stimuli
• Inability to sustain attention on tasks or activities
• Difficulty finishing schoolwork or paperwork or performing tasks that require concentration
• Frequent shifts from one uncompleted activity to another
• Procrastination; disorganized work habits
• Forgetfulness in daily activities
• Frequent shifts in conversation; not listening to others
• Hyperactivity and restlessness may vary with age and development stage
ADD and ADHD are often treated using conventional prescription medications. While there is a place for prescription medication in certain cases, careful consideration should be taken regarding possible side effects and cautions.
There are alternative solutions for ADD and ADHD available. Making simple changes in diet, sleep, exercise and routine can help. Trying more involved approaches, like incorporating relaxation therapies such as guided imagery, meditation techniques or yoga, can be beneficial.
There are also many herbal and homeopathic remedies which can help maintain harmony, health, and systemic balance in the brain and nervous system without side effects or sedation. These products are known for their supportive function in maintaining brain, nervous system and circulatory health and well-being.
Homeopathy is a very effective alternative medicine to heal ADD and ADHD. It treats the person as a whole—the mental and the physical, and homeopathic remedies are safe and natural, with no side-effects.
Francine Kanter, CCH, RsHOM(NA) has been a practicing Board Certified Homeopath Practitioner for 18 years. For more information and to make an appointment call 754-484-7988 or 808-652-2001, email [email protected], and visit FKanterHomeopath.com